What a weekend part 2

The last three Memorial Day weekends have been spent with Jake in Knoxville, TN, competing in the Global Finals of Destination Imagination. Destination Imagination is the worldest largest creative problem solving organization. Each year the challenge masters create 5 problems for teams of up to 7 students to solve. There are many required elements to the solutions but each involves a skit that ties all the elements together. Much to my dismay my team disbanded last fall. Two of my girls went to another team which competed in the local affliate tournaments finally prevailing at State and earning a berth to Globals. I had been showing my sister-in-law Nancy the live webcast of the closing ceremony when I happened to notice they were announcing the winners of the challenge, "On Safari", which was this year's improv problem. To make a long story short I watched in utter amazement and envy as our team from our little town WON the high school improv problem. They beat 50 other teams from around the country and world! If you want to know more about the program go to" destinationimagination.org" If you don't have children who would be in the right age group 5 through university, we are always looking for volunteers to help run the tournaments!

3 Comments:
Kent told us and we looked at the sight even before this announcement. Congrats to you and the team. It was interesting how many of the city names that we saw were familer to us.
Enjoed the pictures too.
Yeah, I noticed there were a lot from BC and Washington is a particularly strong participant. It is so exciting, I just wish it would happen to my team. I'm hoping we go again - if I can convince Jake to compete again. If not I will have to be content with appraising. Us "baums would have all been good at it-that ability of Dad's to engineer a solution out of available materials is what this is all about!
Of course we called it something altogether wrong! My ol' sargent called it "field expediant."
Post a Comment
<< Home