Rambles from SEI

Random ideas and subjects from south east Indiana. We live in a small town located about halfway between Indianapolis and Cincinnati. Two teenagers, one each, one about to graduate. Two dogs, two cats, the only males in the house are human.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

We're having a beautiful weekend here in southeast Indiana. It hasn't rained in 48 hours so the garden might be dry enough to walk into today. We are getting ready for Alix's open house next weekend. Since I've been in Knoxville every graduation weekend since she has been in high school I've never been to any other Indiana open houses. We didn't do them in our family, so the only one I remember going to was Wayne's which also celebrated PS's (a brother-in-law) graduation from medical school and Kent's graduation from NMU. So I am kind of clueless about them. At least we've been doing the corn roasts for the last 7 years so we know how to handle a big crowd. If it doesn't rain.

Alix has registered herself on MyFace.com now that she has a legitimate NMU email address. She has been cruising around on it, visiting different groups, seeing if she would like to join them. She said she had found one called the "Trolls". Immediately my thought was "do you know why they're trolls?" But she continued with, "Yeah they're all from the lower penisula so they live under the bridge." Bingo! It is amusing to find the "inside jokes" and slang from 30+ years ago is still going strong. She thinks she will find them useful for rides to Gaylord or Attica. I am glad she is going where we went, it will be so much easier to understand what she refers to and her experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home